Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Meii Sushi (Moved to International Plaza)



Tiny Japanese Restaurant beneath HDB. Sets only about 15 max.


Dinner is a bit on the pricey side but set lunches are good. Set lunches are between $10-$20.

Set lunches come with a small salad dressed with ponzu sauce.

The lunch time dishes we tried

Salmon Sushi

Sushi and Sashimi is meant to be the speciality here. $10 for a portion. The lunch time sets for sushi and sashimi are about $20 and I think are better value for money. However no complaints as the slices here were very thick and fresh.


Chicken Karaage Set lunch

This is really value for money at $12. Chicken is quite nice and crispy on the outside and comes with a sourish thick dipping sauce. It isn't bad, but I think i like fried chicken with a more crunchy batter. The soup comes with a few clams. Rice and salad completes the meal. 

The special here available for dinner is meant to be Omakase- meaning leave it to the chef. Its supposed to be "cheap" at $100 per pax. I still cannot bring myself to pay for that price but perhaps I will try one day. 

In the meantime, lunch is a bargain. 

Warnings: 
1) This place is not child friendly
I tried to go in for lunch with my newborn and I was told apologetically that babies were not allowed in. I'm not sure if this is because the seating space is very small but it looks like I won't be going there for a while.
2) This place does not do takeaways
I'm not sure what the reason is behind this. My gut feel is that the owner may be a purist who believes that all meals be eaten straight after preparation?? Maybe you guys can query it for me.

Location: Blk 7 Tanjong Pagar Plaza #01-108
Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 11am- 2:30am, 5pm- 1030pm
Prices: About $10-$22 for lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment