Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Five Spice Prawn Fritters

Given this is in the neighborhood. I thought I'll give it a try. It only opens from 11am-2pm from Mon to Sat. I went down there at 1245 on a Saturday to be told o come back 30 mins later to collect it as they needed more time to cook my order. She said that there were already plenty of others who had booked for it earlier. Also, when I offered payment, the aunty said it was not necessary. A shop that doesn't need down payment and also needs me to wait 30 mins?? this only indicates to me that even if I didn't collect my dish, there was a continuous stream of people waiting behind me to buy it. 



Shop front


Noodles that come with the dish

 
5 different types of fritters- Prawn Fritters, Pork Rolls (Ngoh Hiang), Pork Liver Rolls, Egg Rolls and the Pork Sausage

All the above for $4. How many decent things can you get these days for that price.  No wonder it is that popular. My favourite is the prawn fritters. The rest is good but really not spectacular. I will probably go back. 

Location: Blk 5 Tanjong Pagar Plaza #02-04/05 Teck Kee Coffee Shop
Opening Hours: Mon- Sat 11am- 2pm
Prices: $4 per serve

No comments:

Post a Comment