Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sweety Moments

The shop just opened about a week ago. It replaced Pink which was a health conscious cafe.

In Tanjong Pagar, rental is high and so is the turnover. You constantly get new shops in the area that replace old ones.

My husband and I decided to try it on the first day.



Deco of the shop is plain compared to most places in the area. In fact, now I think it is quite strange given the fact that it is still hidden by the old Pink sign. It almost doesn't want customers to find the place.

We ordered a black glutinous rice with ice cream (about $5) and a fried mango ice cream (about $3.50).

Glutinous rice was tasteless and ice cream was melting when brought out

Fried mango ice cream was a sad looking puff with sour mango ice cream.

This is possibly the worst dessert shop I have been to in a while. I cannot take it seriously.

I have no pictures to prove it. But I'm NOT intending to go back as far as I'm concerned.

If you feel curious enough, you can find out for yourself.


Location: Ground Floor 4 Craig Road (this is so that you will not step into the place to try!!)
Prices: $3-$5 for dessert

1 comment: