Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wok and Barrel


I have been to this place for desserts before. The desserts are interesting enough as it is fusion style but not quite to my taste buds. Since I have no pictures of them I will not elaborate on them.



It's a nice place to sit in air conditioning for a meal that is about $10.
I will speak about the Nasi Lemak I had with a friend for lunch.


Nasi Lemak pulled pork

My friend had the Nasi Lemak with fried chicken. I had the Nasi Lemak with pulled pork.

Both were alright. The fried chicken was nicely fried and crispy. My pulled pork had the shredded texture you expect. But at the end, it was not a great Nasi Lemak. The taste of the rice and chilli was ordinary. You would eat it without a thought as it doesn't have any Wow factor.

This is a nice place to fill your tummy and have a chat. But expect nothing out of the ordinary.

Website: http://www.thewokandbarrel.com/
Location: 13 Duxton Hill
Opening Hours: Tues- Sat 1130am-10pm; Sun 1130am - 4pm
Contact Number: 62200595

No comments:

Post a Comment