Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Japan

My Japan trip from a few months back..

I chomped my way through Osaka and Kyoto...

Ramen

Cold Ramen with Sesame sauce. Very Chinese



One Michelin (Diamaru Osaka)

This was good but too expensive for what we ate… I won't go back there for that price.





Crab Restaurant

We had 8 courses of crab including crab sake below!



Seafood at Nishiki Market (Kyoto)

Seafood in Japan is ultra fresh. After that I will never view sushi and sashimi the same way again...





Kikunoi (3 michelin, Gion, Kyoto)

This was the pinnacle of my trip. There is a reason why this place is 3 michelin. the food, presentation, ambiance and service is impeccable. The lunch is not just a meal but an unforgettable experience.
My pictures just cannot do justice to the meal...





Dessert cafe (Gion, Kyoto)


Beef restaurant (near Nishiki Market)

I am deeply saddened that I don't have the address of this place and can't find it on the internet. The food was so affordable for such delicious beef. It was our last dinner in Kyoto and I was delighted to have ended it with such a good meal.






No comments:

Post a Comment