Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Purple Mustard

Finally, a hotdog place and it's not bad!




I had the chorizo with beans, guacamole and sour cream. The bread was pretty decent. It was not the cheap hotdog bread in Ikea. It held the sausage and ingredients properly. The chorizo had some heat which was good but I didn't think the sausage was juicy or savoury enough. I wanted the juices to spurt out. The toppings were generous but it overwhelmed the taste of the sausage to the point that the sausage was no longer the star.
My opinion is that toppings should only complement the sausage not overwhelm it.

As for sides, chips are pretty good. I'm not sure about the coleslaw (needs to be creamer) or drinks. We had the Jamaican for our drink and I  think it's a bit too exotic for me. I rather have iced tea.

Location: 12 Gopeng Street, Icon Village 01-31/32
Website: http://www.facebook.com/purplemustardhotdogs

No comments:

Post a Comment