Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Soju Bang Korean Restaurant

Soju Bang is one of the many Korean restaurants on Tanjong Pagar Road. There are so many Korean places in Tanjong Pagar that one will be lost trying to choose a suitable one.

Some dishes we had:

Assortment of Kimchi

I don't really like kimchi. It is usually too sour for my taste. Preserved vegetables don't go well with my taste buds. This place had a good variety but nothing I particularly liked.

Bimbimbap

This is an assortment of vegetables with rice. The dish is mixed with a chilli pepper sauce to enhance its flavor. It tasted alright but nothing exciting.

Kimchi pancake

I found the pancake not crispy enough for my liking. 

Pork grilled

This was not grilled brown enough for me and was a sad grey color. If it was browned more and the fat more crisp, I'm sure it would have tasted much better. 

Most of the dishes were about $20. The bill for 4 of us came to about $85 and there was a lot of food. Soju Bang is reasonable priced but I'm not a big fan of Korean food. I find the flavors too one dimensional and the dishes too oily.

Location: 46 Tanjong Pagar Road
Price: About $20 per pax
Contact Number: 62276033
Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 1130am- 230pm; 530pm - 3am

No comments:

Post a Comment