Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Inaho's Kitchen

This is not a easy place to find. The sign is hard to see as it is not at eye level and the place is on the second floor of a shop house behind a very discrete black door.

I think a lot of Japanese businessman frequent this place and are the main clientele. The place feels like an exclusive sake club.



Simple Decor with shelves lined with sake bottles

Pickled Octopus Salad

We were given an entree of pickled octopus salad.

Bacon and Spinach

This was a tasty and simple dish. I think the dish was cooked with butter. The style looks and feels like home cooked food.

 
 Onigiri- Bonito flakes and Salmon

I call this a stomach filler. The Onigiri bonito flakes rice ball is a bit too salty for me.

 Grilled Squid with Ponzu Mayo

Ponzu with seafood is a combination that works together. I couldn't taste the grilled flavor of the squid at all.


Grilled Saury Fish

This was simply done and very fresh.

Grilled Pork Rolls

The rolls had leeks and enoki mushrooms in it. I am also pretty sure it had shiso leaves to give it quite a unique flavor. I don't know any herb that you can substitute shiso for. I liked it but felt it lacked a touch of acidity.

The thing I like about Inaho is that it feels private. The food is not bad and a bit different from most Japanese places. It feels home cooked and it's the sort of food I think goes well with a drink.

I do think it is on the expensive side though. I have been here a couple of times and its rarely my first choice for Japanese in the area for that reason.

Location: 60A Duxton Road, Tanjong Pagar
Contact Number: 62220852


No comments:

Post a Comment